Skip to main content

Band Back to Basic

Back to Basic is a band originally from Rotterdam, The Netherlands, who play groovy soulful rock-inspired music. They've been around since 1993, which is also when I first saw them play.

The last time I saw them play was in 2008 at their fifteenth anniversary reunion, also in Rotterdam. Since then, it has been quiet around the band. Too quiet.

Yesterday I sort of stumbled over them at a local festival in their original home town. And again, sparks were splashing. The band were obviously having fun and the music was still top notch.

New album 'Not Over Yet'

I was happy to learn they recently finished recording a new album, aptly titled 'Not Over Yet', which will be released on Tuesday, June 25th*. It can be heard live on Sunday, June 30 2019 at the Facet Jazz Festival Hillegersberg, where the band will be playing on Stage 1 at 3pm.

'Not Over Yet' is the title of the new album by fusion veterans Back to Basic. Album launch: June 25th 2019

'Not Over Yet' is the title of the new album by fusion veterans Back to Basic. Album launch: June 25th 2019*

EDIT: So, by now the album has been launched: head over to It's here, it's great and it's Not Over Yet! to listen to the full album and read my review.

Those of you who have never heard Back to Basic will do themselves a favour by visiting the band's artist page on Spotify. I personally guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Also be sure to visit their Instagram page for an impression of the band and some cool live action shots!

Comments

  1. That's good news. I didn't know they were still around. Will the new album be available on Spotify as well?

    Best,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael,

      Good question, thanks. I know for a fact that the album will be released on Spotify as well as on 14 other streaming services. That's all I know at the moment. I'll give as many details as I can on Tuesday when the album is released.

      Rgds.,
      Ome Cor

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger Tutorial: the best SEO title tag, Addendum

SEO and XML go hand in hand on the Blogger platform. So do XML and learning, for me at least. After my first post on Blogger and search engine optimization, Blogger Tutorial: the best SEO title tag , I wasn't quite satisfied with the results. On search results, label pages and archive pages, the title still showed ' O'Cor | O'Cor '. I realized that these have their own objects that could be used to display a relevant title. Now, I know that these kinds of pages are not indexed by search robots, so why bother? Well, first I like to challenge myself and to learn new things. Second, it felt like there were some loose ends to tie. I don't like loose ends. Third, I don't really need a reason: it's my personal blog and I can do as I like (and it feels GOOD!). So, I set about learning on how to optimize the title tag even more. After a sleep deprived night (almost), I think I came up with a satisfying result. If you wish to jump to the code and don't...

10 Podcast Favourites

I have a new hobby: listening to podcasts. It's a wonderful experience to ride your bike on the way to work or home or while doing your grocery shopping and to have someone riding along and telling you a story in the privacy of your ears. Some stories are so wonderfully and intimately told that it's easy to think they were made just for you. I bought a pair of JBL earphones just for the experience of getting immersed in a different world. It's one of the best buys I made this year. Get immersed in an alternate world Listening to podcasts this way brings me back to my childhood when my parents or grandparents told stories just for me. I can almost hear my grandmother's voice again reading me an exciting new tale from one of my favourite children's books while I cuddle up to her. Listen to Ocor's Ten Podcast Favourites That is the kind of experience you can have while listening to a professional podcast. And ther...

MeWe v. Facebook: Red Pill or Blue Pill?

I am not an activist, nor one to climb the barricades, but sometimes I get so provoked that I'd almost become one. Facebook's provocations over the years have had me pulling my hair out more than I'm willing to admit. So much so, that I'd almost climb those barricades "armed with clubs, axes, pitchforks, and firearms and carrying icons and banners" * 1 . Pirating Privacy I hope that everyone is aware by now that there is no such thing as Facebook and privacy. In fact, mentioning the two in the same sentence is almost blasphemous. Two of the most recent privacy and security breaches were: March 21, 2019: Facebook made public that millions of user account passwords had been stored in plain text format, which potentially allowed employees to gain access to people's accounts without their knowledge (source: Business Insider * 2 ), April 4, 2019: "half a billion records of Facebook users were found exposed on Amazon cloud servers, containing informat...