Skip to main content

Goodbye Minoes...

Minoes (pronounced as mĭnū·s with emphasis on the second syllable: she was very picky about that) was my furry four-pawed friend for 15 years. Today she died. I'm sad. 

MinoesPicture of my cat Minoes

Minoes

I'll miss how she spilled puddles of water all over the floor because her water bowl was never at the right spot. I'll miss how she woke me up in the morning by jumping on my gut. I'll miss how she courageously went about life and overcame her fears.

I'll miss her.

Meow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogger Tutorial: the best SEO title tag, Addendum

SEO and XML go hand in hand on the Blogger platform. So do XML and learning, for me at least. After my first post on Blogger and search engine optimization, Blogger Tutorial: the best SEO title tag , I wasn't quite satisfied with the results. On search results, label pages and archive pages, the title still showed ' O'Cor | O'Cor '. I realized that these have their own objects that could be used to display a relevant title. Now, I know that these kinds of pages are not indexed by search robots, so why bother? Well, first I like to challenge myself and to learn new things. Second, it felt like there were some loose ends to tie. I don't like loose ends. Third, I don't really need a reason: it's my personal blog and I can do as I like (and it feels GOOD!). So, I set about learning on how to optimize the title tag even more. After a sleep deprived night (almost), I think I came up with a satisfying result. If you wish to jump to the code and don't...

10 Podcast Favourites

I have a new hobby: listening to podcasts. It's a wonderful experience to ride your bike on the way to work or home or while doing your grocery shopping and to have someone riding along and telling you a story in the privacy of your ears. Some stories are so wonderfully and intimately told that it's easy to think they were made just for you. I bought a pair of JBL earphones just for the experience of getting immersed in a different world. It's one of the best buys I made this year. Get immersed in an alternate world Listening to podcasts this way brings me back to my childhood when my parents or grandparents told stories just for me. I can almost hear my grandmother's voice again reading me an exciting new tale from one of my favourite children's books while I cuddle up to her. Listen to Ocor's Ten Podcast Favourites That is the kind of experience you can have while listening to a professional podcast. And ther...

MeWe v. Facebook: Red Pill or Blue Pill?

I am not an activist, nor one to climb the barricades, but sometimes I get so provoked that I'd almost become one. Facebook's provocations over the years have had me pulling my hair out more than I'm willing to admit. So much so, that I'd almost climb those barricades "armed with clubs, axes, pitchforks, and firearms and carrying icons and banners" * 1 . Pirating Privacy I hope that everyone is aware by now that there is no such thing as Facebook and privacy. In fact, mentioning the two in the same sentence is almost blasphemous. Two of the most recent privacy and security breaches were: March 21, 2019: Facebook made public that millions of user account passwords had been stored in plain text format, which potentially allowed employees to gain access to people's accounts without their knowledge (source: Business Insider * 2 ), April 4, 2019: "half a billion records of Facebook users were found exposed on Amazon cloud servers, containing informat...